Dafna International School Kindergarten is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards and upholding the public’s trust. We recognize that our behavior affects not only our own reputation but also Kindergarten’s. Accordingly, this Code of Ethics which is also aligned with the guidance and principles (تعميم رقم (11) لسنة 2022_الميثاق الأخلاقي للمدارس ورياض الأطفال الخاصة في دولة قطر) given by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Qatar forms the ethical principles that will guide all kindergarten community members in all decisions and activities.
I. Goals of the Code of Ethics:
- Recognize the basic principles that a school community should observe;
- Identify the responsibilities and duties of owners, staff members, and service beneficiaries.
II. Importance of Code of Ethics:
- Promoting the principles of the State of Qatar, emphasizing respect for the Islamic religion and proper educational values.
- Promoting the national identity and Qatari heritage among all members of the educational system.
- Promoting positive behavior among the target group of this charter.
- Promoting the spirit of responsibility and accountability for adhering to the ethical and professional principles associated with the educational process.
- Promoting ethics and controlling behavior in the educational facility.
- Emphasizing the importance of respecting ethics and educational mission.
- Spreading awareness amongst educators on their profession and role in building new generations.
We will nurture a climate of care, concern, fairness, and civility toward others while recognizing and embracing each individual’s dignity, freedom, and diversity even in the face of disagreement.
Honesty and Integrity
We will act and communicate truthfully and candidly. We will uphold the kindergarten’s values and make decisions based on the greater good, conducting ourselves free of personal conflicts or appearances of impropriety and self-dealing.
We will openly share information with stakeholders regarding the processes used in developing policies and making decisions for the kindergarten.
Our educational resources are selected according to the guidelines and principles stipulated in the Ethical Code given by the MOE&HE. We will use school resources in a wise and prudent manner in order to achieve our educational mission and strategic objectives. We will not use school resources for personal benefit or gain.
We will conduct all kindergarten affairs diligently, exercising due professional care and striving to meet the high expectations we have set for ourselves as well as the expectations of those we serve.
Responsibility and Accountability
We will be trustworthy and answerable for our conduct, decisions, and obligations and will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures of State of Qatar. We recognize our obligation to report unethical conduct to the appropriate authorities.
Teacher Code of Ethics.
Educator’s obligations to students.
- All staff members must adhere to the school vision, mission, values, and regulations at all times, i.e. in planning, teaching, dealing with parents, students, etc.
- An educator shall strive to help each student realize the student’s potential as a worthy and effective member of society. An educator, therefore, works to stimulate the spirit of inquiry, the acquisition of knowledge and understanding, and the thoughtful formulation of worthy goals.
- In fulfillment of this obligation to the student, an educator shall:
- Not unreasonably restrain the student from independent action in the pursuit of learning;
- Not unreasonably deny the student access to varying points of view;
- Not deliberately suppress or distort subject matter relevant to the student’s progress;
- Make a reasonable effort to protect the student from conditions harmful to learning or to health and safety;
- Not intentionally expose the student to embarrassment or disparagement;
- Not on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, marital status, political or religious beliefs, family, social or cultural background unfairly:
(A) Exclude any student from participation in any program;
(B) Deny benefits to any student; or
(C) Grant any advantage to any student;
(7) Not use professional relationships with students for private advantage; and
(8) Not disclosing information about any students.
An educator shall not:
- Deliberately make a false statement or fail to disclose a material fact related to competency and qualifications in an application for a professional position;
- Misrepresent the educator’s professional qualifications;
- Assist entry into the profession of a person known to be unqualified in respect to character, education, or another relevant attribute;
- Knowingly make a false statement concerning the qualifications of a candidate for a professional position;
- Assist a non-educator in the unauthorized practice of teaching;
- Disclose information about colleagues obtained in the course of professional service unless the disclosure serves a compelling professional purpose or is required by law;
- Knowingly make false or malicious statements about a colleague; and
- Accept any gratuity, gift, or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions.